Sustainable Trip to the Smiling coast of Africa, live the unique experience in the Gambia for 15 days.
If you want to enjoy a different vacation, you can join the group to Travel in a Sustainable and Respectful way to the Extraordinary Departure to the Gambia.
Discover the Roots and know the smallest country in Africa, from the coast to the interior of the territory … from Kartung to Janjanbureh through Serrekunda and Saloum.
15-days Program Route
Extraordinary Departure in DECEMBER to the Gambia
1st DAY: ARRIVAL IN THE GAMBIA. Departure from Barcelona or Madrid to Banjul, the capital of the Gambia. Arrival at night in the city, accommodation in HALAHIN LODGE or DABO HOUSE / SINKILING GAMBIA. Dinner in the hotel and WELCOME to the Smiling Coast.
2nd DAY :After breakfast at the hotel, a visit to the Crocodiles pool in Bakau Kachikally. Walk through the town of Bakau and the Craft Market. Lunch in the village of Bakau. In the afternoon, visit Tanji to admire the beauty of the arrival of the fishermen with their fishing boats. Dinner at the hotel.
Exuberant nature and animals around the Gambia river, monkeys, hundreds of birds, crocodiles ...
6th DAY :After breakfast, visit one of the fishing villages of the Smiling Coast, Gunjur. We will eat and we will spend the day in the surroundings
8th DAY :Early breakfast and departure to the interior of the country to the island of Janjanbureh. Island located within the Gambia River. Lunch on our way and accommodation in ecolodge of Janjanbureh.
In the interior of the Gambia, the majority communities are the Mandinka and Fula ethnic groups.
9th DAY :Breakfast and canoe route on the river to see the wild hippos and the baboon island, monkeys. Dinner and accommodation on the island.
10th DAY :Breakfast in Janjanbureh and departure to the village of Wassu to visit the Stones Circle. This set of stone circles are megalithic sites. Possibly the tombs of the kings. Lunch during the trip to the coast.
Dinner and accommodation in Halalin or Kurumbo Lodge (depends on occupation), in the village of Kartong, the first village in the Gambia, border with Senegal in the south coast.
The circles of megalithic stones of Wassu and Kerbatch are World Heritage Sites by UNESCO since 2006.
12th and 13th DAY: Breakfast and free days to rest in the ecolodge, take a canoe trip through the Kartong delta, enjoy the beach, return to the town or visit another town.
15th DAY : Arrival in Spain or your place of origin
Extraordinary departure to the Gambia:
The trip will be confirmed when the group is closed, from 4 to 10 people.
The program of the trip is indicative and the order of the activities can be modified, according to the needs of the group.
PRICE from 1375 €* (depends number of travelers)
- Accommodation IN Double bed room .
- Transfers to the Airport: Banjul-hotel-Banjul.
- Transportation with a Driver for scheduled excursions.
- Acompanied, the group during the trip, route design and advice.
- NATIVE GUIDE specialized in English, spanish and 3 local languages (WOLOF, MANDINKA AND FULA).
- Entrances to parks and Museums.
- River Transporte .
SERVICES NOT INClUDED:
- Air Ticket.If you wish, we can help you manage it so that you can go out with the group from the first day.
Meals and dinners.
Medical Assistance Insurance.
All Drinks and Tips.
Personal expenses (out-of-pocket expenses).
Lunch and Dinner of the days off.
Complementary activities not specified in the Program Route.
PASSPORT with a validity of more than 6 months
- It is advisable to take photocopies of the passport.
- There is no visa to enter the country.
There are no mandatory vaccines.
The recommended vaccines such as Yellow Fever, Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B, AC Meningitis and treatment for Malaria.
Check at your nearest Foreign Health Center: International Vaccination (before, during and after a trip).
he official currency is the DALASI (GMD).
- The exchange price varies
- You can easily exchange euros throughout the country in Exchange Houses, Banks and even Hotels.
- In the area of the coast (Senegambia) and in the main cities (Banjul and Serrekunda), you can also withdraw money by card in the bank branches that have ATMs, with the payment of the corresponding commission.
The Gambia is a safe country.
- It is a quiet country, with hospitable and friendly people. The best known phrase by travelers is: Gambia, no problem!
- Temperatures are moderate–high throughout the year, ranging from 16º to 35º.
- During the dry season, from November to mid June the temperature is moderate (around 25º). You can go down at night until 16º.
- In the rainy season, from mid June to the end of October, temperatures are higher.
The electric current is 220 v.
It is RECOMMENDED to bring mosquito repellent.
- During the dry season, from November to June, there are few mosquitoes.
- In the rainy season, from mid June to the end of October, the prevalence of mosquitoes is higher.
- Wear light-colored clothing that covers legs and arms, mainly during sunrise and sunset.
- The rooms should have mosquito nets to sleep.
- It is recommended to impregnate clothes repellent during the day and mosquito nets before sleeping.
- Avoid perfumes and colognes.
- If you use suncream, put some time before impregnating with repellent, so that the skin absorbs the sun cream before using the mosquito repellent.
- At the Center for External Health you can find out more in detail.
- Sun cream and hat / hat to protect you from the sun.
- If you are a passionate person of BIRDS, you can take binoculars to admire them in The Gambia.